A kiss, and all was said.” These immortal words by Victor Hugo perfectly sum up the roller-coaster emotions one goes through in that deceptively simple act of kissing, which could effectively turn our world around, or even inside-out.
Here are some fun facts that could amuse you, or even encourage you to lock those lips ever more passionately.
1. The science of kissing is called philematology.
2. The most important muscle used while kissing is the orbicularis oris. Depending on the kiss, you can use up to 34 facial muscles – a French kiss, for instance.
3. Kissing passionately for 1 minute burns around 26 calories. So make sure you engage in a bit of lip-lock if you’ve had that extra bar of chocolate.
4. Your lips are said to be at least a hundred times more sensitive than your fingertips. It’s even more sensitive than your genitals! Go figure.
5. According to studies, around two-thirds of people tip their head to the right while kissing. It’s said that the preference actually develops in the womb.