French suspect likely involved in attempted Antwerp attack, says France’s Hollande

News Hour:

French President Francois Hollande said on Thursday that a French national appeared to have been involved in a suspected, attempted attack in the Belgium city of Antwerp.

“It seemed to involve a French national, with possibly a certain number of weapons in his boot – it’s up to the judges to make a statement on that – who was looking to kill or at the very least create a dramatic incident,” Hollande told reporters.

“Therefore we must continue to be on high alert and mobilize all our forces,” he added, reports Reuters.

Earlier on Thursday, Belgian prosecutors said that a man who had tried to drive at high speed into a shopping district in Antwerp was a French national, living in France, with knives and other weapons in his car.

Avatar

This article has been posted by a News Hour Correspondent. For queries, please contact through inf[email protected]
No Comments

Translate this News

Join the Facebook Group

Click here to join the Facebook group of News Hour

Popular Posts

Sacred Games exposes Rajshri Deshpande nude [video]
Samsung Bangladesh announced exciting offers at Dhaka International Trade Fair 2019
Anurag Kashyap shoots Kubra Saith 7 times nude and made her cry for frontal nudity scene [Video]
Berger opens Experience Zone in Chandpur
Cambridge International conferred impressive 82 Outstanding Cambridge Learner Awards on Bangladesh students
Grameenphone brings in the iPhone 11 series in Bangladesh

Advertisement

News of the Month

Scroll Up
%d bloggers like this: