Donald Trump’s Hollywood star snuffed out in sledgehammer attack

News Hour:

A sledgehammer-wielding man dressed as a construction worker destroyed Donald Trump’s star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame early Wednesday, according to Deadline Hollywood.

Los Angeles police confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter that Trump’s star was destroyed by a vandal.

A video obtained by Deadline Hollywood and posted online Wednesday showed a man wearing a hard hat and a safety vest taking a sledgehammer and then a pickax to the star.

The man, who identified himself to the entertainment site as Jamie Otis, said he intended to take the star out of its spot in the sidewalk and sell it at auction. The funds would have gone to the women who have come forward in recent weeks with sexual misconduct allegations against the Republican presidential nominee, he told the site.

The incident happened around 5:45 a.m. PDT, Deadline Hollywood reported.

Trump’s star was unveiled in 2007 and was awarded for his work on “The Apprentice.” It has become a popular target for protesters since he launched his bid for the White House last year.

 

.

Avatar

This article has been posted by a News Hour Correspondent. For queries, please contact through [email protected]
No Comments

Translate this News

Join the Facebook Group

Click here to join the Facebook group of News Hour

Popular Posts

Advertisement

News of the Month

October 2016
S M T W T F S
« Sep   Nov »
 1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031  
Scroll Up
%d bloggers like this: